Days 1: San Daniele Prosciutto - Best in Italy
Bicycle through the tiny forgotten villages where tourists seldom are seen and tour a Villa which Napolean once resided. Then cycle to our first castle before arriving in San Daniele, home of Italy's finest prosciutto.
Days 2-3: Cividale, Wineries & Countryside Abbeys
Enjoy the view of the mighty Alps as you cruise along gentle hills covered with castles, vineyards, orchards and tiny hamlets. Explore the medieval streets of the region's wine capital and relax at your 4-star hotel spa. Wine tasting and a fascinating Abbey visits are awaiting on your third day's ride.
Days 4 & 5: Crossing into Slovenia
We bike from our hotel to the Slovenian border and quickly realize we have left Italy behind. Green becomes the dominant color, as forests cover more than half of the country. The distinct architecture of its palaces, castles and manor houses never fails to impress. Enjoy a city tour of the capital Ljubljana and a wonderful 2 day stay in this lively medieval city.
Days 6-7: Europe's Largest Grotto & Stunning Trieste
Tour the UNESCO site of the Postojna Cave, Europe's largest underground grotto. A train takes you through one of nature's wonders. Then pedal back into Italy and down the Adriatic Coast to Castle Miramare before arriving at the picturesque waterfront of Trieste.
- 5 nights in 4-star & 1 night 3-star accommodation in town centers
- Four full course dinner, all breakfast and 1 lunch
- Visit of Postojna Cave Grotto, Winery tour & tasting
- Private City Tour of Ljubljana & Visit of the Villa Manin
- BIKE RENTAL of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; but remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts.) Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.