Days 1-2: Ceramics & Pristine Coastline
For 2 days cycle along a stunning stretch of quiet coastline with seafront lodgings awaiting you in the ceramics center of S. Stefano and Cefalu, where you soak up the old world ambience and wander the cobbeled streets.
Days 3-5: Palermo, Salt Flats of Trapani & Marsala Wines
Enjoy a long descent to the coast from Sicily's 2nd established nature reserve on our way to Palermo. Then a ride through wheat fields and vineyards takes us into the UNESCO heritage site of the Trapani salt flats. From Marsala we tour the wineries and visit the nearby islands once powerful during Greek's Golden Age.
Days 6-8: Segesta & Zingaro Coastal Reserve
We vist the enchanting Erice, then ride to the renowned ruins of Segesta. The following day our route highlights the impressive Zingaro coastal marine reserve; Sicily's first of its kind.
- 7 nights lodging 5 nights 4-star & 2 nights organic farm-stay
- All breakfast, 5 full course dinners, and 1 lunch
- Boat ride along Zingaro Coastal Nature Reserve
- Segesta archeological park visit
- Visit of Island Mozia
- Wine tasting and tours
- Ceramics factory tour
- Bike rental of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts). Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge.
- Sag support, beverages & snacks
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary