Pedal to a beautiful medieval village of timbered houses and cobbled streets. Tour the Eco-museum then loop along the small roads of the Grand Cru vineyards as views of the Vosges & Black Forest Mountains serve as our backdrop to quaint jewels such as Westhalten and Soultzmatt.
Days 3-4: Albert Schweitzer & Papacy
Pedal past the endless vineyards surrounding tiny fortified villages, en routevisit Murback Abbey; then explore the impeccable Eguisheim, home to Pope Leon IX. We then pass the home of Albert Schweitwer during our ride to Colmar and its maze of cobbled streets depicting a bygone age.
Days 5-7: The Pagan Wall, Convents & Castles
So much to do: city tour of Colmar and optional cooking class, a scenic ride along the “Le Route du Vin” to the fortified villages of Bergheim and Dambach-la-Ville. Pine forest, vineyards, majestic castles and rolling meadows deliver you to the mysterious “Pagan Wall” surrounding the convent of Sainte Odile. A smomber visit to le Struthof concentration camp before a long descent back to Obernai and a grand farewell feast.
- 3, 4 & 5-star accommodation with breakfast
- Four full course dinners and 1 lunch
- Winery Visits & tasting
- Private City Tour
- BIKE RENTAL of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; but remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts…) Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.