From San Francisco we drive to Healdsburg and check into our romantic B & B where we spend the first two nights. You have some time to relax and then after lunch we embark on our first ride. This loop explores pastoral Alexander Valley and includes stops for a tastes at the fine wines made at Murphy-Goode as well as White Oak Wineries. A short journey back to the B&B allows for enough time to relax before dinner.
Days 3: Dry Creek to Bodega Bay
Loop the Dry Creek wine region and stop to taste the fine wines made at Mazzocco Winery. Ride the small valley along blissfully rural roads lined with flowers and vineyards, before ending up at a hillside winery for a private coordinated tasting and game of bocci by the duck pond. A short journey to our B&B to relax then a delectable dinner.
Days 4 & 5: Bodega Bay & Pt Reyes (optional)
Departure or a 5-day option offers an extra day of riding to Bodega Head to view the Pacific crashing against the rocky coast, and observe a colony of seals on an offshore rock. We then ride south towards Pt. Reyes. It is a short ride into Pt. Reyes and if time allows a side-trip takes us up to the Mount Vision Overlook for "the view" of the entire peninsula.
- 3 or 4 nights accommodations at 4-star Bed and Breakfasts
- 3 dinners and 1 gourmet picnic
- All tour transfers, including meeting and departure as specified
- Daily private van support, including luggage transfer
- Rental of multi-speed hybrid touring bikes (clipless pedals can be mounted should you bring them--remember your bike shoes, shorts and gloves, and sunglasses)
- Bicycle helmets, if desired (included in tour price)
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide(s)
- Fine dining and scenic and delectable wine tasting
Visits to places of interest:
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Alexander Valley Wine Region
- Northern Napa Valley/Calistoga
- Old Faithful Geyser?
- Private Winery Tour
- Ballooning if you so desire ( $175 fee not included, but we can arrange flight for you
- Sonoma Valley’s Dry Creek Wine Region
- Russian River
- Armstrong Redwoods State Park
- Bodega Bay
- Pt. Reyes National Seashore highlights
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.