Days 1: Grand Sila
Enjoy the Grand Sila National Park, who's first known settlers were the Bruttii, an ancient tribe of shepherds and farmers from the 4th cen. BC. We ride completely around one of the Park's lush lakes and spend a night in one of the best hotel's in the Grand Sila Park region.
Days 2-3: Ciro Wines & Hospitality
Through forgotten mountain villages on sunny terraces you reach the Ionian Sea where beautiful, vast views open up along the way. Ride from one jaw dropping town to another as we weave our way through the interiors of magnificent medieval jewels to the premier wine region of Calabria. Visit and tour with creative wine maker Giuseppe Ippolito who produces the rich red wines "Due Cropio" in the old fashion manner, then taste the award winning olive oil produced on the wonderful Agriturismo we stay. Perfect, no?
Days 4-5: Greek Roots, Coastal Bliss
From the wine producing village of Melissa pass through the rich and peaceful agricultural lands that sport many vineyards and citrus trees as we crisscross our way past the many hill towns sporting lofty medieval castles to the significant coastal town of Crotone. Here we explore this town that offers a significant Norman castle of its own. Then cruise along the coast to the major ruinous site of Capo Colona.
Days 6-8: Two Seas Meet
From a charming little hilltop village situated in a high position at the narrowest point of Italy, our hotel controls a view of where just 30 km separate the waters of Jonio Sea from those of the Tyrrhenian Sea. The two seas are in full view with the Aeolie Islands framed by the smoking plumes of the volcanoes Stromboli and Etna. If you are able to pull yourself away, just steps above our hotel are the medieval Norman castle and stunning bike rides.
- 3 & 4 star accommodation with breakfast & 2 nights Agriturismo
- Six full course dinners
- Olive Oil Producer & Winery visit, tasting & tour
- Visit of Grand Sila National Park & Coastal Archeological Park
- BIKE RENTAL of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; but remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts.) Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.