Days 1-2: Car-Free Wengen & Lofty Peaks
From our chalet we embark on walks that meet the big trio: the Eiger, Moench and Jungfrau (punctuated by that snowy pyramid, the Silberhorn), that loom over this most picturesque glacial valley hamlet.
Days 3-4: Crossing the Aletsch Glacier
The cog train goes into the Eiger (yow!) and up to the Jungfraujoch (wow!). From there we leave civilization to traverse the dancing light of Europe’s largest glacier. For those not able or wanting to cross the glacier we visit Jungfraujoch and the glaciers edged then transfer for alternative walks.
Days 5-7: The Mightiest of European Alps
Our panoramic walks high above Zermatt into Switzerland’s most isolated valley is surrounded by glaciers, waterfalls and canyons. Enjoy the luxury 4-star lodgings and room with a view of the Matterhorn in this car-free village as we embark on daily breathtaking walks. This climber’s paradise is abundant in options from shopping to exploring historic dwellings to soaking in curative spas.
- 3 & 4-star accommodation with breakfast
- 5 full course dinners
- Visit Trümmelbach Falls
- Option for 2-day crossing of Europe’s largest glacier
- All public trams or trains used on tour
- Water bottles to keep & walking poles to use during hikes
- Snacks and water during hikes, Route note and maps
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.