Days 1-2: Maremma Nature Reserve & Farm Stay
From Talamone’s 15th century fortress we loop into the countryside of wheat fields, rows of cypress, wineries and sleepy villages; then our first Tuscan feast. From these shores rife in history, our path leads to stunning medieval Magliano, surrounded by olive trees and concealed by its historic walls. En route enjoy the lush Maremma Nature Reserve.
Day 3: Winery Tour & Colorful Harbor
Pedal through fields of red poppies and sunflowers to famous La Parrina winery for a private tour and tasting of the estate wines, organic cheeses and delicacies. Then ride into a Nature Reserve via beaches and Lagoons to the colorful active harbor village of Porto Santo Stefano.
Days 4-5: Orbetello Lagoon & Porto Ecole
Ride to Capalbio, whose roots go back to 805 A.D. Walk its cobble-stoned streets and marvel the coastal views over gelato. It is here where Buffalo Bill suffered his first defeat; curious indeed. Glide down to the coast to the Orbetello Lagoon past the ancient watch tower and into the thick pine to the sandy white beaches of Porto Ercole
- All 3-star accommodation with breakfast
- Four full course dinners and 1 lunch
- Winery Visits & tasting
- BIKE RENTAL of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; but remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts.) Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.