Days 1-2: Magnificent Orvieto
Cycle from an ancient spa to the “Golden Lilly of Cathedrals” while sampling the regional wines and delicacies. Be awed by the recently renovated “dying city” of Civita (pop. 25 and growing) and the volcanic Lago Bolsena.
Days 3: Medieval Hill towns Explored
An isolated route leads to Todi, a labyrinth of passageways perched on a secluded mountainside that enjoys an Etruscan, Roman and medieval past.
Days 4: The Falcon’s Mount
Peaceful hills lined with castles, vineyards and livestock lead to Montefalco, “the Balcony of Umbria,” and the pink-stoned medieval jewel Spello (birthplace to eight saints).
Days 5-6: Revered Assisi, Fine Wines & Ceramics
Cycle through the national park surrounding Mount Subasio to Assisi, then enjoy an extensive tasting of the world-famous Lungarotti wines en route to Deruta, a colorful ceramic center.
- All 4-star accommodation with breakfast
- Four full course dinners and 1 lunch
- Winery Visits & tasting
- Tour of Orvieto's Etruscan Caves
- BIKE RENTAL of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; but remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts.) Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.